District Executive Position
Seeking energetic and self-motivated individuals to serve as a District Executive. This is a sales and management career opportunity that demands growth in all areas - recruiting youth, raising sustainable finances, and working with top community leaders.
Today's professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference... work that calls one to continual learning and challenge ... work that offers solid compensation, benefits, and advancement.
Compensation and Benefits
The Circle Ten Council of the Boy Scouts of America offers a competitive package of benefits to team members. The benefits offered are considered to be among the best in the nonprofit sector. The package includes major medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage in addition to long-term disability, accident, and life insurance, and retirement plans. The starting salary for a District Executive is $48,000. Annual salary adjustments are based on an individual's contributions and overall performance. An allowance for both vehicle ($600-$700 based on area) and mobile phone ($100) are provided.
Comprehensive professional training opportunities are provided during the first three years of tenure. Annual training and development opportunities continue throughout the career.
Qualifications for Employment
Do you have the background needed for a career as a Scouting professional? To be successful, our team members must multi-task and combine many skills to get the job done. The basic qualifications are:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- United States citizenship or declared intention to become a U.S. citizen
- Adult – 21 years of age
- Willingness to live in the geographical area
- People-oriented, having the ability to work well with adult volunteers, community and business leaders, and representatives of other organizations
- Non-profit, fundraising, sales or marketing experience is a plus
- Able to work varied hours when necessary to achieve positive objectives / willing to work evenings and 1 - 2 weekends per month
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Believe in the Boy Scouts of America and willing to subscribe to its principles and standards
- Eligible to receive a professional Scouting commission – a criminal background will be performed
- Bilingual skills are required (Spanish and English speaking)
Locations: Garland, TX
Interested candidates, please send resume to:
Sierra Fisher, Director of Human Resources Circle Ten Council, B.S.A
8605 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75235 Sierra.Fisher@Scouting.org